This page is meant to be a sort of “Table of Contents” for valuable kitty information that can be found across the internet. Constant research and theorycrafting is the key to good feral dps, and no one source is a go-to for everything.
- Rawr – One of the cat’s (and actually pretty much anyone’s) basic tools for checking what gear is an upgrade, and what stats to focus on. Takes a little bit to learn the complexities of the program, but it is one of the most valuable tools you can get.
- Toskk’s DPS Calculator – Another go-to for many ferals, although I personally find it not to be very user friendly. I respect Toskk’s contribution immensely (I wear his heroic bracers with pride), and am sad to see him retire. Don’t know how long this calc will remain up to date without him, it may already be somewhat obsolete, but don’t quote me on that.
- Simulationcraft – Another great tool to use, and unlike Rawr and Toskk’s it isn’t a simulator, and actually runs RNG out and gives a log parse-esque output. It can also import profiles from Rawr, so it’s great to use both programs in tandem with each other.
- Elitist Jerks Druid Forums – With the Feralbynight topic’s death, it’s a bit more difficult to find good and easily understandable information here, with many posts focusing on BiS gear lists (not very helpful to most players). Some good stuff can still be found in here, though.
- WoW Druid Forums – Tough to sort out good info from the midst of all the trolls and not-so-smart people that frequent here, but it’s nice to check to see what issues are being discussed by others, and sometimes find a few nuggets of good info. Demoneater’s Feral DPS Guide (Currently being continued by Yawning) and Wildhoof’s Kitties for Dummies are two good sticky topics to go for to look at the basics of feral dps, and are solid, sources even for more experienced cats.
- Blogs such as Coldbear (stopped blogging, sadface) and Feral Aggression are good sources by other bloggers with different viewpoints. Content varies, but is always good.
- This image – I’m not sure of it’s original creator, but whoever it is is a god among men.